Define Your Digital Marketing Strategy in Less Than 5 Minutes.
Here are 4 steps you can take right away to put yourself ahead of the competition, and clearly navigate for the next quarter in your small business.
Just answer these 4 Questions:
1. What 1 Goal Do You Want to Accomplish In the Next 3 Months?
Think of only 1 thing that your business can feasibly accomplish (if you work hard) in the next 3 months. Here are some ideas of 3 month goals:
- Hire a new employee
- Sell "x" number of new items of a certain type
- launch a new service offering or product
- grow to "x" number of followers on your Instagram page
- Get "X" number of people to fill out the long form on your website.
2. Who Is Your Target "Market" For This Goal?
Are you trying to make a new hire? Then your target market is an employee. What experience does your ideal employee have - where do they live, and what things are they likely interested in?
Or maybe your target market for this goal is to sell a lot more of a certain product or service plan. Who are the people that buy this? Who are they and at what point in the sales process are they compelled to purchase?
3. What Medium Are You Using To Reach Your Target Market?
You have to find out where your target market is before you start trying to reach them. Where do they spending time online?
- Google Search
- Zip Recruiter
- Websites in a particular niche
- Shopping for "x"
4. What Message Is Enticing To Your Target Market?
You can find and reach your market with a great goal in mind, but your message can still fall flat.
You just have to get in the mind of your market. What do they feel, what is their problem, and what will compel them to act now, choose you, and why?
You have to remove yourself from your business, your strategy, and your goals for a minute. This can be the hardest part. You must identify the heart of the persona you're marketing to.
If you can do Steps 1-4 right, you're giant leaps ahead of the competition. You've identified a goal and a marketing strategy that works for your business, reaches, and attracts the right audience.